This 8-hour course is designed for those who are familiar with the AR-15 Platform and wish to learn more. This course is recomended for Law Enforcement Officers, Military Personnel, or to anyone who wishes to obtain a better understanding of the platform, capabilities, and defensive use. This course is moderately physically demanding due the the nature and characteristics of the weapons system. Topics will include:
- safety and fundamentals refresher
- fundamentals practice
- proper zero techniques
- zero check
- proper rifle marksmanship techniques
- proper application and limits
- ammunition selection
- emergency and tactical reloading
- system status awareness
- malfunction clearances
- rapid target engagement
- defensive use of the Carbine
- discussion of aftermarket accessories, "who, how, what, where, when, and why"
- and more!
- This course is a fundamentally grounded curriculum and is marksmanship intensive.
What to bring
Students must be 18 years of age and possess one or more of the following:
Instructors reserve the right to include, or exclude, students based on a demonstration of skill